The 6 Best Baby Jumpers In 2020
Baby jumpers are a great way to keep a baby safely happy and entertained while letting parents have both hands free for a few precious moments. Babies love being able to bounce themselves up and down, and for many babies, a jumper is a good way to get some exercise.
- 1 Best Baby Jumper: Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo
- 2 Runner-Up #1 Portable Baby Jumper: Baby Einstein Neighborhood Friends
- 3 Runner-Up #2 Portable Baby Jumper: Evenflo ExerSaucer
- 4 Best Doorway Jumper: Jolly Jumper Exerciser
- 5 Runner-Up Doorway Jumper: Baby Einstein Sea & Discovery
- 6 Best Cheap Baby Jumper: Evenflo Exersaucer
- 7 What Ages Can a Baby Use a Jumper?
- 8 Different Types of Jumpers
- 9 What to Look For in a Jumper
- 10 How to Use a Jumper Safely
- 11 Conclusion And Final Words
Best Baby Jumper: Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo
The Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo is a fun activity center for a baby, with a supported, stable structure for jumping, along with toys and activities to stimulate a baby’s curiosity and exploration. The sturdy frame lets your baby jump safely, and the seat spins a full 360 degrees with toys and activities on every side. Furthermore, it has three height adjustments, and the springs are covered to protect little fingers.
The toys on the activity center offer a variety of different activities that invite different interactions to keep curious babies busy. The seat is soft and comfortable, and it folds compact for storage or to tuck away when not in use. It’s suitable for babies up to 25 pounds, and requires no doorframe. It’s simply the best Jumperoo on the market today.
- This portable baby Jumperoo has 3 different height adjustments.
- Sturdy, supportive, comfortable seat.
- Five activity stations all around, to keep babies busy and happy.
- Electronic toy component can be activated by the baby, or set by parents to play for 4 minutes.
- Folds for storage.
- Adorable design.
- Springs are covered for safety and comfort.
- Toy tray requires 3 AA batteries.
Runner-Up #1 Portable Baby Jumper: Baby Einstein Neighborhood Friends
The 360 degree activities in the Baby Einstein Neighborhood Friends Activity Jumper will provide hours of bouncing and jumping fun, as well as experiences that are fun and educational. It has 3 activity stations and more than 12 activities, with extra loops to hang your baby’s favorite toys.
The activity center is stable and comfortable, can be wiped clean, and the seat pad is machine washable. It has 5 height adjustment settings, and can easily be moved from room to room as needed. The sights and sounds include a piano, and is available in multiple languages. It’s recommended for kids from 6-12 months of age.
- This jumpers for babies is stable with a safe jumping frame
- Multiple activity stations with 12 activities, plus room for toys
- 5 height settings grow with your child
- Multiple language options
- Easily cleanable and washable
- Requires 3 AA batteries
- Doesn’t bounce or spin as easily as some other jumpers
Runner-Up #2 Portable Baby Jumper: Evenflo ExerSaucer
The Evenflo ExerSaucer Jump and Learn Jumper has a whopping 26+ activities in 360 degrees all around a baby, so they can bounce and spin and experience a wide range of activities that boost their development.
The bounce base provides both softness and stability for your little one, with extra jump. It has a 3-position height adjustment, and the seat pad is machine washable while the activity surfaces can be wiped clean.
It comes in three fun themes, including jam sessions, jungle quest, and safari friends. The onboard activities were designed in partnership with the Child Development Institute to help children learn, and build strength and coordination. Toys can be removed from the jumper and played independently, and the lights and sounds will provide hours of interactive fun.
It is suitable for babies from about 4 months until they are walking, or 30 inches in height.
- One of the best jumpers for babies on the market today.
- Huge range of activities and sensations, with bright lights, sound, colors, and toys.
- This freestanding activity center is stable and bouncy.
- 3 height adjustments.
- Toys can be removed and played with independently.
- Toys are intended to support baby development physically and mentally.
- Machine-washable seat pad.
- Toys and activities interact with each other.
- Requires 12 AA batteries
- Teething toys can be unsafe for some babies and may need to be removed
- Can’t be compacted for storage
- While the hard plastic toys can be wiped clean, the more intricate shapes and surfaces will take some time
Best Doorway Jumper: Jolly Jumper Exerciser
The Jolly Jumper Exerciser is a good way to keep babies comfortably happy and bouncing. The soft suspension seat is comfortable for most babies, and provides good upright support without confining them. It’s built for door frames with a minimum of ½ inch or 1.25 cm at the top of the molding, with walls that are 3-6 inches thick. The molding should only be about 6 inches tall, as well, to fit in the clamp.
The biggest complaint about the Jolly Jumper Exerciser is the suspension bar and seat need to be removed and laid flat, then the baby needs to be placed in the seat and strapped in. Then the seat and bar need to be lifted and attached to the suspension system.
Many parents find the bar gets in the way of dressing the baby in the seat, and it can be difficult to hold a child in one hand and attach the bar with the other. However, most parents love how happy and comfortable it makes their child, and that it’s rugged and durable.
- Suit/seat is comfortable and provides good support for your little one.
- Durable construction made to last.
- Excellent spring/bounciness.
- Can only fit certain sized doorways/moldings.
Runner-Up Doorway Jumper: Baby Einstein Sea & Discovery
Baby Einstein Sea & Discovery is a doorway suspended baby jumper, that also has some fun activities for babies to play with while they bounce. The toys include a mirror for self-discovery, starfish-shaped teether, a baby Neptune rattle, and 3 fabric flashcards with underwater imagery and animals in English, Spanish and French. The clamp also features a unique secondary strap for added security, and it won’t leave marks on your doorways.
This jumper is designed for children who can hold their head up unassisted, and who weigh up to 24 pounds. It’s height and weight adjustable, so you can set the perfect height as your baby grows. The seat pad is machine washable, and the rest of the jumper can easily be wiped clean. The non-twist straps make it easy to get babies in and out of the jumper.
The clamp often doesn’t fit over wide, tall door frame moldings found in older houses. It requires at least ½ inch of molding over the doorway, and walls that are between 4 – 5 inches thick. Some users say it can’t fit moldings that are more than 6 inches high, but that measurement isn’t specified in the manual.
- One of the best doorway baby jumpers on the market today.
- Comes with fun toys that are detachable and replaceable.
- This modern baby jumper is easy to clean and washable.
- Sturdy construction.
- No-mark clamps.
- Non-twist straps for easy in and out.
- Height adjustable.
- Fun colors and patterns.
- Won’t fit tall, wide door moldings.
Best Cheap Baby Jumper: Evenflo Exersaucer
Last on my list is the Evenflo Exersaucer Door Jumper that comes in five adorable fabric patterns, and provides hours of jumping and bouncing fun for a baby.
The frame seat fully surrounds and protects a child, with a fully enclosed spring to protect little fingers and the straps are adjustable. The fabric seat is machine washable, and the baby jumper is easily moved from doorway to doorway, or packed for travel or storage.
It’s recommended for children from 4 months of age, to up to 24 pounds in weight. It requires a door molding of at least ½ inch width at the top, and fits walls from 3-6 inches thick.
- One of the most cheap baby jumpers on the market.
- Comes in several cute patterns.
- Easily moved, stored, or packed for travel.
- Fully enclosed spring.
- Easy to clean.
- Seat frame fully surrounds child for support and stability.
- Height adjustable.
- The spring can be loud, which may be corrected by applying some lubricant.
- Baby can flip forward if the height adjustment is incorrect.
- Design allows for side-to-side movement that can cause a baby to hit the sides of narrow doorways.
What Ages Can a Baby Use a Jumper?
Every baby is different, and every baby jumper has height and weight recommendations that should be followed. Experts recommend that parents not use a jumper until your baby is old enough to hold their head up independently. For most children, that’s around 4-6 months of age.
Because a baby is suspended in the jumper, you should never exceed the weight requirements. Most jumpers are suitable for babies of up to 18 months old, but their weight is more important than their age.
Remember that your baby’s body should always be comfortably supported in the jumper, with their feet touching the floor so they can kick and jump. For that reason, some jumpers for babies also have height requirements, because they can only be adjusted for certain height limits. Be attentive to your child’s needs as they change over time. And adjust the jumper accordingly.
Different Types of Jumpers
There are several different types of jumpers for babies, and each type may be a better fit for your child and your needs. Here are the different types of jumpers:
Doorway jumpers: Door jumpers are suspended by a clamp on a door frame, so that baby can jump in a doorway. One big benefit is that they save floor space. These are only suitable for open doorways with a surrounding frame to attach securely. If you don’t have a framed doorway, you should choose a different type of bouncer.
Stationary jumper: These jumpers include a sturdy frame from which to suspend the jumper, so they don’t require a doorway. They are also easy to move from room to room.
Activity jumper: These jumpers are stationary and include their own bouncing frame. But also have different toys, music, and activities included to further entertain an infant, should they get tired of jumping.
What to Look For in a Jumper
- Suspension Straps: The best jumpers should have a suspension system so your baby can safely bounce up and down, and not side to side. Often times a single strap provides too little stability, and sideways bouncing may tip it over, or pose other hazards. Springs should always be covered, even if they are over your baby’s head, to prevent pinching the baby as they contract.
- Washable and Cleanable: As with everything relating to a baby, make sure all the materials (the seat, straps, activity tray if it has one) are easily cleanable and/or washable. Making sure it’s easy to clean ahead of time will save you a lot of trouble later.
- Adjustable: You should be able to adjust the seat and height of a baby jumper, to provide comfort and stability as your baby grows.
- Portable or Storable: You should never leave a toddler unattended in a jumper, so it may be a good idea to find a jumper that’s easy to move from room to room. You also may want a model that easily folds away for storage when it isn’t needed.
How to Use a Jumper Safely
If the baby jumper is the correct size for your child, and they are comfortable and supported with their feet on the ground, then baby jumpers can be a safe and fun way to entertain a baby. However, you should never leave a child unattended in a jumper.
Also, because this is a crucial age when babies are building strength that will help them start walking, sessions in the jumper should be limited to no more than 20 minutes at a time. And, of course, keep the area on the floor around the jumper free of pointy objects that might hurt a baby’s feet.
Conclusion And Final Words
It’s so important to cherish every moment as your child grows up. They do indeed grow up quickly! Once you notice your baby is ready to begin taking their first steps, a baby jumper can be a fantastic choice to help give them a bit of extra support. And with so many baby jumpers coming with a variety of educational toys and songs, your little one will be able to do a lot more than just take their first steps on their own – they’ll also be getting a ton of support with their cognitive and motor skill development.
Hopefully, my baby jumper reviews have helped you narrow down a choice that’s just perfect for your little bundle of joy. Each and every one of these best baby jumpers beat out dozens of others to earn a spot on this list. No matter what baby jumper from this list you decide to go with, we’re certain you’ll be 100% satisfied with your choice.
If you have further questions about choosing the best baby jumper, or just want to share some tips and tricks, don’t hesitate to send me an e-mail using the contact form.
PS, please look around my site for more baby articles for example my baby walker review.